Monday 25 June 2012

In the name of attitude and of taste… Confidence is Ashionye


     No matter your age or shape, looking good stands you out. However, a few steps can change your whole perspective on how you look and feel.
   ASHIONYE Ugboh-Raccah is one of the fashionable celebrities in the country. The hard working lady has carved a niche for herself in the entertainment and fashion industry.
    Apart from having her fragrance line, Romance by Ashionye, her unique sense of style has over the years placed her as a stylish person.
    In 2007/2008, she was the Face of Pepsi Light. Her first step in Nollywood earned her a 2010 AMAA nomination for her role in the movie, Jungle Ride. She's also had lead roles in MNET soaps such as Doctor's Quarters and Tinsel.

Quick tips from Ashionye

Be confident
  Feel confident in yourself about the way you look and that will come across to other people.

Simple and chic
  Ashionye’s style is simple and chic.

Jeans rocks
     Her favourite piece of clothing is a pair of jeans. “That would be a nice fitting pair of jeans,” she says.
Red, red wine
   Many women are afraid of wearing red colour because they believe that it’s hard to pull off. Nothing screams the word ‘sexy’ louder than wearing the red colour. It takes attitude and ultimate confidence to be able to wear it.  For Ashionye, red is her favourite colour. “It is bold and stands out,” she says.

Designers
    “I have loads of favourite designers; so, I'm not going to start mentioning them,” she states.

Smell nice
   She discloses, “my signature scent are 5th Avenue by Elizabeth Arden, Sicily by D&G and, of course, Romance by Ashionye. They are strong and very feminine.”

Red carpet glam
    “I actually plan for a red carpet event well in advance. I go through my wardrobe and if I don't find anything appropriate, I call up a designer friend (I have a couple) and get an outfit made quickly. I also get fashion tips from them. These are perks of being friends with designers,” she intones.

Shop Smarter
  Ask yourself a few questions regarding what suits you before you shop, and plan what to buy in advance. Speaking on her favourite shopping spot, Ashionye, says, “It's hard to pick favourites; there are great shops and boutiques around. As per countries, I don't go out of my way to plan a shopping trip, but whenever I go on vacation, I make sure I come back with cases of new clothes.”

Be fit
  She says: “To be honest, I haven't been to a gym in a while, but I exercise chasing my son around the house.”

Mary Kay, is it?
  Knowing the right make-up product that suits your face matters a lot, if not, you might end up breaking out. For Ashionye, Mary Kay does the wonders. She explains, “I'm a fan of Mary Kay makeup. I have been using their products for years now. I love their mineral powder; it sits well.”


No comments:

Post a Comment